Schools need a special type of security. Schools protect our children the most valuable thing we have. All school staff must look out for the well-being and safety of the students and each other.
This program is designed for the school security officer (staff) entry level training, school board members and supervisors in all school departments. Anyone working in a school will benefit from this knowledge. Bus drivers are also good candidates for our program. The School Security Skills Course has proven scientific principles and school security technology that are used in the industry where effectiveness and economics must be measured. Performance, tangible results and success are not optional. What you learn will work.
- 14-21 hours this can be a two or three day program depending customization needs of your school.
- Know the importance of having a safe school.
- Increase awareness and a sense of urgency to respond.
- Combine the concept of service with safety.
- Develop teamwork and cooperation.
- Follow management policy.
- Annual, Refresher training on techniques and policy recommended.
Training Activities and Topics
- School Security Management
- Bullying Prevention
- Destructive Student Pranks
- Emergency situations
- Equipment / Weapons
- Systematic detailed planning
- Lots of interaction and learning from participants
Equipment and Resources Provided by School
- Classroom area
- Open space area for hands on exercises
- Note paper and pens
- Management representative to discuss policies
- Essential School Security Skills, By Fred Behnken
Recommended Related Training for School Professionals
- Advanced School Security Skills Level II
- Security Supervisor and Leadership
- Communication and Behavior
- Report Writing